UConn 79 - Georgetown 62 BET 3/9/11 Mar 9, 2011 15:06:34 GMT -5
Post by bronxhoya87 on Mar 9, 2011 15:06:34 GMT -5
LOL @ Gtown having bandwagon fans. Our elite run ended in Indianpolis vs Xaver 21 years ago. Some of us do not except this manure we are putting out there. This team has no fight, no grit and no heart.
For the love of Horus compete. It all falls on JT3's shoulders. He will never succeed until his teams begin to play harder and fight. This team is a wimpy Ivy League team which would be ok if we played in that league or the ACC.
If anything, I'd say RDF and the Bandwagon Fan/Haters have done more damage to recruiting than anything else. If you were a recruit/teenager you would probably be reading this board and who would want to come to a place with fairweather fans like this. (even though it is not representative of most Georgetown fans).
The recruiting IMO has been pretty good. Monroe, Wright, Freeman. Lubick. Hollis. It's been too good in a way because guys like Green, Summers, Monroe left early for the NBA. And the NBA is always one of the best barometers for why a recruit would come here.
1. If being a "bandwagon" fan is being a fan since I was 5 years old and now am in mid 30's--then I'd like to know what a "loyal" fan is?
2. What about Georgetown makes you a "bandwagon" fan? Is it the fact I've still supported the program since they last maintained their status as an elite program--that ended in 1990. They went from Elite to Average and most of my time following them has been in that time--so again-that makes me/others "bandwagon" how?
3. If recruits base their decisions off what people say about them on a message board--then are they type of guys you want? If players read these boards and "lose confidence"--that says more about them then any fan. Fans want effort--and improvement. Effort in games--and improvement over course of career for individual and season as a team. That's it.
4. Losers make excuses. Losers are people who want to "hug" everyone and say it's okay---we're "trying". That approach has been used with this particular group and it's not worked.
5. What some of you "fans" or "True fans" consider effort is manure. It's pure manure and it's type of ball that gets your ass handed to you against teams who can beat you by simply wanting the game more--effort plays show on the court--and Georgetown gets obliterated in that department with these guys. Chris is only guy who will routinely dive on court for a ball-it's how he got hurt-rest of these guys are too pretty to get their uniform dirty or just don't care enough.
Georgetown basketball used to be a TEAM that would approach games as if it was a fight. You don't throw a punch with your fingers spread out wide--you throw with a fist. This team plays as individuals--guys don't play together, they often look like they've never played together when subs come in, and nobody has a direction. Well here's one--play your butt off and play hard. If a ball is on court--go get it. If ball is in air--go get it. If it's time to rebound--go get it--don't watch and wait for teammate to do something--take charge and take over!
ProfessorHoya's attitude is a perfect symbol of what we've seen since Wright went out. Full of excuses, finger pointing, and not stepping up and taking charge. LOSERS feel sorry for themselves and "blame fans" for the problem areas.